I tried 540 years old Art of Face Massage in Tokyo, Japan (soft spoken)
salon info: Kobido Utsukushi (KOBIDO うつくし）
address: Tokyo, Kagurazaka station, 6mins from Kagurazaka station
menu I got: First time 45 mins (85$)
Discount for ASMR Twix Subscribers!
Mention “ASMR Twix” in the checkout or in the beginning of your session to get 10% OFF discount.
book here: please go to my pinned comment!
My Amazon Page:
I earn small commission from Amazon itself if you purchase product from my amazon page.
Here is quick info about the history of Kobido. I personally fall in love with this massage and it’s history. So sharing few things that I got online.
In Japanese, kobido means “old way of beauty”. Derived from Anma, ancestor of shiatsu massage that was born in the fifteenth century in Japan (south of Mount Fuji), is the result of a competition between two practitioners who were trying everyone to find new moves to stimulate muscles face . The two masters decided to join forces to found the Kobido. (Twix: these 2 masters were competitors and joined together? omg this made me speechless imagining how respectful, mindful and positive they were to each other. They didn’t see each other as an enemy, instead they put their hands together and created this beautiful thing. I’m so honored to experience and become part of the history since Kobido masters are getting vanished).
“KOBIDO” is a facial massage that works on deep muscles based on more than 1000 techniques. Its history goes back 540 years, and 48 techniques were created by combining the techniques of two massagers. Today, Shogo Mochizuki, a doctor and the 26th generation master of “KOBIDO,” inherits the techniques. It is said that there are only about 50 therapists in the world.
Answers for frequently asked questions.
1. I have been living in Japan for several years now. I’m a Student + SPA reviewer
2. For privacy issues, I prefer to keep my ethnicity, real name, age, address in private.
3. I don’t get treatment that often as I post them frequently. I balance treatments schedule considering my skin and health condition.
4. Why “Twix”? Me and My sister work on creating these contents together. As you know Twix chocolate bar has 2 pieces. So, I’m not the only creating these videos. My sister👩 is behind the camera as Camerasister. So we thought that would be fair If I add my sister’s name. Of course, not directly adding her name.
5. Camerasister prefers to work behind the camera. I hope you will respect her decision.
6. Don’t worry Camerasister gets her own sessions off cmaera.
7. We don’t do “Whispering” and “No talking” videos.
8. All the places I show on this channel aren’t sponsored. If I get sponsored on my videos, I’ll definitely mention about sponsorship in the videos according to YouTube sponsorship terms and conditions.
9. You can visit all these relaxing places on my channel.
Often there’re special discounts or sometimes special gifts just for my subscribers.
10. Many of you worry about hair types, language barrier or just being nervous. BUT we always make sure to ask about these concerns from the places. All of them are very kind and foreigner welcomed places. All require booking beforehand!
11. Do I have any other social media?
I have Instagram account @asmr.twix . You can follow me using this link: https://www.instagram.com/asmr.twix/?igshid=giuqc3yz25xw
I hope you had fun reading my short Q&A!
Thank you for supporting! Like & Subscribe!
#ASMR #asmrtwix #facemassage